top of page
og1.png

wpe03

Tennis

Greens Bank, Tennis Court

54.871710, -1.639008

West Pelton

Opened:

c1930s

Closed:

Unknown

Redeveloped

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

5 Mar 2024

HER Description

NEHL - A tennis court stood adjacent to the Wesleyan Chapel and school on Green's Bank at West Pelton. The court was not extant in the 1910s, but was likely built as part of the parish grounds for the betterment of the congregation.

The tennis court did exist after the war as it can vaguely be seen on aerial imagery, but is now a car park.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page