top of page
og1.png

wpe02

Tennis

Handenhold, Tennis Court

54.872502, -1.640869

West Pelton

Opened:

c1930s

Closed:

c1940s

Redeveloped

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

5 Mar 2024

HER Description

NEHL - A tennis court is in situ by the 1930s directly north of the Beamish Waggonway between High Handenhold and West Pelton. By 1946, the court was either disused or demolished as there is no trace on aerial imagery.

The site is now redeveloped as the A693.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page