Pelaw Golf Course
11 Jul 2022
NEHL - This golf course was opened in 1912 after Pelaw Golf Club relocated from another course at Gingling Gate, now Heworth Golf Club. The Chronicle wrote a piece on its opening which can be seen on Golfs Missing Links, a history site on lost courses. The course is now built over by housing development.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by