Deaf Hill, Football Ground
Deaf Hill, Trimdon
1 Feb 2024
Deaf Hill United
NEHL - A football ground was situated here from the 1890s to around the 1920s, and was likely the home of Deaf Hill United though may have been one of the other many teams in this area. Facilities were limited in nature, with a small shed/pavilion on the east side of the pitch with nothing more. Access was reached via Station Road.
Deaf Hill United formed around 1895, firstly playing friendlies but later competed in the Durham Amateur Cup and the South East Durham League with teams like Trimdon Grange, Sedgefield Town and Stillington Rovers. Deaf Hill United continued on for much longer than the ground itself, which seemed to dissipate in the 1920s.
Ordnance Survey, 1890s
Deaf Hill United, 1908-09 season. Source: Durham County Council
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by