top of page
og1.png

stly03

Cricket

East Stanley, Cricket Ground

54.874128, -1.683527

Stanley

Opened:

pre-1940s

Closed:

Open

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

6 Oct 2023

East Stanley CC, Beamish & East Stanley CC

HER Description

NEHL - East Stanley CC have existed since at least 1891, and have played here since at least the 1940s. The ground isn't acknowledged on available map until the 1960s, however does appear on aerial photography in the 1940s. No formal facilities can be seen except a worn field, though there is potentially a small wing in the corner of the enclosed field.

The ground is still enclosed in the 1960s, though no formal indicators are shown thanks to its low resolution. The ground is still in use today as per satellite imagery, and is presumably used by Beamish & East Stanley CC.

Ordnance Survey

Ordnance Survey, 1967

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

The ground can be seen in the centre of this 1940s satellite imagery at East Stanley. Source_ Google Earth

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page