top of page
og1.png

sacr02

Tennis

Church Street, Tennis Courts

54.822207, -1.628058

Sacriston

Opened:

20th c

Closed:

20th c

Reclaimed

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

4 May 2023

HER Description

NEHL - At least two tennis courts were constructed on the grounds of the Sacriston Catholic Club on Church Street by the 1940s. It can be seen on the 1940s maps between the St Bede's Catholic Church burtial ground and the Catholic Club which has since been demolished.

The tennis courts are no longer in existence, with the land now part of the church yard.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page