top of page
og1.png

ncl04

Shooting

St Johns Leather Works, Rifle Range

54.970934, -1.616582

Newcastle

Opened:

1906

Closed:

Unknown

Redeveloped

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

10 Feb 2023

HER Description

NEHL - In 1906 George Angus & Co. constructed a rifle range in the basement of the St Johns Leather Works on Grainger & Falconer Street. A piece from the Chronicle in 1906 details there were 78 members in Mesrrs. Angus' club "and the men fire every day during the dinner hour and again in the evening".

Thanks to Steve Ellwood (@TyneSnapper) for sharing.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page