top of page
og1.png

littl02

Cricket

Littletown, Cricket Ground (2nd)

54.786453, -1.473432

Littletown

Opened:

1896

Closed:

Open

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

24 Jan 2023

Littletown CC (1896 - 1963, 1985 - 2006, 2012 -)

HER Description

NEHL - After Littletown CC moved from the ground on Littletown Lane, they commenced play on this ground from the 1850s. A pavilion was built here in 1901 in the south west corner of the ground, which appears to be the same one as today.

Littletown CC continued at this ground until 1963, when they first folded. They were reformed in 1985 and again folded in 2006. The club again reformed in 2012 and continue to play at this ground.

Thanks to East Rainton CC for the info.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page