top of page
og1.png

lan02

Cricket

Manor House, Cricket Field

54.817963, -1.733108

Lanchester

Opened:

1863

Closed:

Unknown

Unknown

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

24 Nov 2022

Lanchester CC

HER Description

NEHL - A field was granted by Mr Cumming to Lanchester Cricket Club in 1863 for their opening season, according to the Newcastle Guardian of 8th August 1863. Previously, the club had "not being able to procure ground in the neighbourhood to play on". Unfortunately the ground isn't illustrated on maps, but we can conclude with fair certainty it was close to the main lane to Witton Gilbert. The Manor House still exists, though there's a chance the field has been claimed for housing development.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page