top of page
og1.png

fer04

Tennis, Bowls, Football, Rugby

Ferryhill Miners Welfare Park

54.684244, -1.563035

Ferryhill

Opened:

1920s (?)

Closed:

Open

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

1 Nov 2022

HER Description

NEHL - A welfare ground for miners and their families was opened around the 1930s, presumably by the Dean & Chapter Colliery. Upon opening there was 2 bowling greens, 3 tennis courts, a large playground and sports ground with pavilion.

It is now Dean Park and has been thoroughly remodelled, and now has a football ground and rugby ground.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page