top of page
og1.png

fer03

Tennis

Dean Road, Tennis Court

54.684422, -1.553717

Ferryhill

Opened:

1930s

Closed:

20th c

Reclaimed

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

1 Nov 2022

HER Description

NEHL - A tennis court was located next to the Roman Catholic Church on Dean Road, as well as a hall which has since been demolished. It was probably constructed for the betterment of the local community by the parish itself. It has since been demolished and is now a field.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page