top of page
og1.png

faw02

Tennis

The Meadows, Tennis Court

55.013162, -1.641588

Fawdon

Opened:

1930s

Closed:

20th c

Redeveloped

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

3 Jan 2023

HER Description

NEHL - A small tennis court stood just off The Meadows during residential developments, though was subsequently demolished when further houses were built. The remains of the tennis court can be seen on aerial imagery in 1956 and 1958, showing it was disused by this point.

Ordnance Survey

Ordnance Survey, 1947

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

The disused tennis court can be seen on this aerial image from 1956. Source: Historic England Photograph: raf_540_1792_f21_0050 flown 13/03/1956

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page