top of page
og1.png

es01

Tennis

Easington, Tennis Ground

54.784231, -1.359733

Easington

Opened:

1930s

Closed:

Repurposed

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

20 Oct 2022

HER Description

NEHL - A tennis ground was constructed close to St Mary's Church in the 1920s or 30s. A footpath directly led to the church, leading to suspect it was built and ran by the parish. This is complimented by the fact the parish hall was and is there today.

Nowadays the tennis ground has been covered with asphalt and is a multi purpose recreational park.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page