og1.png

D47410

Cricket

Park Place, Cricket Ground

54.522516, -1.549206

Darlington

Opened:

1826

Closed:

1863

Redeveloped

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

25 Jul 2022

Darlington Cricket Club

HER Description

Darlington Cricket Club (est. 1826) had a ground known as Park Street (now beneath Park Place/Swan Street) (1). They were given notice to quit the ground in 1863 and moved to the current Feethams ground (H47409) a short distance to the south east (2). The ground was redeveloped with terraced properties by the 1890s.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png