top of page
og1.png

cx06

Golf

Coxhoe & District Golf Club

54.708761, -1.486319

Coxhoe

Opened:

1910

Closed:

1931

Reclaimed

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

2 Mar 2023

Coxhoe & District Golf Club

HER Description

NEHL - A golf course was established directly south of the Ferryhill & Hartlepool railway line between 1910 and 1931. It was owned and used by the Coxhoe & District Golf Club, with formation having taken place at the local school room in the same year.

6 holes were established at first, with a membership of over 40 people. It was expanded to 9 holes at a later stage, and closed in January 1931 reportedly due to a lack of interest, which will inevitably have meant dwindling incomes. There are no remains, though there was a clubhouse at the time on a footpath from Coxhoe Bridge Station.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page