top of page
og1.png

cx02

Cricket

Coxhoe, Cricket Ground

54.715152, -1.511673

Coxhoe

Opened:

1908

Closed:

2014

Abandoned

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

17 Oct 2022

Coxhoe CC (1889 - 2014)

HER Description

NEHL - Coxhoe Cricket Club, established in 1889 (though some ascertains the existence of the club since 1868), played games at the patch of land close to the LNER line from Coxhoe to Cornforth. The club, originally known as "Coxhoe Hall Club", first utilised a field in a valley below Coxhoe Hall. It often flooded in winder, so the club rented a field at Cow Close. The field was purchased from Mrs Clark of West Cornforth in 1953 with the help of the club president RWA Heppell.

Sadly in recent years the site has been overgrown and closed in the mid 2010s. Efforts have been made to revitalise it, but it appears this has not come to fruition yet.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page