top of page
og1.png

bur02

Football

Pavilion Terrace, Football Ground

54.829589, -1.709205

Burnhope

Opened:

1910s(?)

Closed:

1930s

Reclaimed

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

28 Nov 2022

Burnhope Institute

HER Description

NEHL - A football ground stood off Pavilion Terrace from circa 1910s until the 1930s. It was a basic ground, with limited facilities. A Burnhope Institute played in the village from the 1910s until the 1930s, so it is likely this club who utilised the ground. They played in the preliminary rounds of the FA Cup most years until the 34/35 season against teams such as Consett Celtic.

The ground was abandoned by the 1940s and had been converted to allotments.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page