top of page
og1.png

bla03

Quoits

The Black Bull, Quoits Ground

54.966396, -1.719134

Blaydon

Opened:

1880s

Closed:

Unknown

Redeveloped

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

24 Apr 2023

HER Description

NEHL - Newspaper records indicate a Quoits ground stood next to the Black Bull in Blaydon from the 1880s. The first reference can be found in 1888 when a march between Philip Crooke and John Thompson took place "at the house of Jane Hymers, Black Bull Inn". There are various other references, but a ground was likely set up in the yard of the inn. At this time the Black Bull was a small single storey cottage, and has since been rebuilt.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page