top of page
og1.png

bi02

Golf

Black Fell Golf Club

54.907650, -1.561156

Birtley

Opened:

1896

Closed:

1920s

Reclaimed

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

16 Feb 2023

Black Fell Golf Club

HER Description

Black Fell Golf Club was situated north east of Birtley and south of Eighton Banks between the late 1890s and the 1920s. The 1921 Ordnance Survey labels the golf course, though omits any recognisable features. A building named "The Look Out" may be related to the course.

The site of the course can be seen on aerial imagery from the 1940s, though still provides no clues.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page