Cricket, Bowls, Tennis
Billingham Synthonia Cricket Ground
16 Aug 2022
NEHL - Cricket has been played on this site since at least the 1920s, when Billingham Synthonia Cricket Club was formed. Early aerial imagery from 1930 sows a small pavilion with tennis courts to its rear as well as a bowls green on the other side of the site. The club still use the ground today.
Ordnance Survey, 1950s
Billingham Synthonia Cricket Club, 1930. Source: Britain from Above
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by