og1.png

bc02

Cricket

Woolhouse, Cricket Ground

54.551366, -1.930592

Barnard Castle

Opened:

1849

Closed:

1863

Reclaimed

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

1 Aug 2022

Barnard Castle CC

HER Description

NEHL - Barnard Castle CC played cricket close to Woolhouse Farm from 1849 to 1863. Unfortunately, while the first edition of the Ordnance Survey does survey the area during the period, no cricket ground is labelled. Various fields around the farm will have been suitable though, and one had a footpath running through it to Flatts Wood and the town via a bridge over Percy Beck. The north side is blocked by the railway to Barnard Castle Station, though there is an access path to Quarry Grange.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png