Friar's Goose, Running Ground
4 Jul 2022
Opened in 1872. There was still a running track in Gateshead in the 1880s. It had closed by 1935.
NEHL - Unfortunately it is difficult to pinpoint an exact location as it does not appear to be illustrated on contemporary maps, but is likely to be around the Friars Goose Colliery area.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.