4 Jul 2022
Opened in 1868 but moved to Friar's Goose in 1872 due to railway construction.
NEHL - A railway depot was also constructed here, aptly named "Borough Gardens MDP" thanks to its former purpose as a public recreation ground.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.