Margaret Thompson Park, Bowling Greens
30 Jun 2022
NEHL - Two bowling greens appear on the 1946 Ordnance Survey map, implying these greens were likely constructed in the 1930s. Before this, the area was adjacent to The Grance Farm between Southwick and Fulwell. The two remain today, though it appears only one is in use. There is also a contemporary pavilion between the two greens.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by