Moor Court Squash Court
5 Jul 2022
Moor Court flats were built in 1938 to Art Deco designs by Clarance Soloman of Jesmond. The flats had an adjoining block of twelve garages ('motor houses') with a squash court above. Squash derived from the game of rackets. It became popular in the 1930s when courts were commonly built at hotels. Gosforth Squash Club was founded in 1953.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by