Prince Consort Road, Bowling Green
28 Jun 2022
Formed in 1865. A section of the clubhouse dates back to the 1860s or 70s. It may be the oldest surviving sports related building in Tyne and Wear. Part of the gateway and original boundary wall also remain (HER16109). The pavilion has been modernised and extended almost beyond recognition. The pavilion was brick with an ornate porch and timberwork on the gable.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by