Whitburn, Cricket Ground
21 Jun 2022
Whitburn Cricket Club
In 1862 Whitburn Cricket Club was established on land formerly part of Whitburn Hall's grounds. The limestone wall on the east boundary rises from 2m to almost 4m in height. Previously ridge and furrow fields, the land was given by Sir Hedworth Williamson, then captain of the club. The pavilion is a modern flat-roofed brick and timber building. The ground is bounded by sycamore trees along the east, west and south sides.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by