Northumberland County Tennis Ground
20 Jun 2022
Shown on OS second (1898), third and fourth (1940) editions as cricket ground. OS fifth edition (1960) shows the site as tennis ground. It is still the Northumberland County Tennis Ground today. It has an interesting high stone wall as its boundary with the road. There are two pavilions of 1930s date. A highly-praised indoor court building was built in the 1990s. There is a landscaped mound between the indoor court and the houses on Bemersyde Drive.
Ordnance Survey, 1968
The Northumberland Club, present day. Source: Geograph Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by