Leazes Park, Bowling Greens
27 Jun 2022
Springbank Bowling Club
Shown on Ordnance Survey second edition. The first bowling green was finished by 1887. It is still in use by Springbank Bowling Club. The second lawn was originally for croquet but this proved less popular. By 1894 the lawn was reconfigured as a second bowling green. A pavilion was built alongside. The was replaced between the wars by the present Springbank Pavilion (timber framed, painted green and white, red tiled roof). The pavilion also serves the Leazes Park Angling Association.
NEHL - The bowling green to the west is now no longer in use, leaving a sole green.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by