Pan Ash Quay, Boatbuilding Yard
Types built here:
Customers (Not Exhaustive):
A small boat building yard can be seen on the 1890s maps. It was built after 1855 as the site was taken up by the Pan Ash Smithworks at the Stanhope and Tyne drops. An advertisement in an 1887 edition of the Chronicle details a sale of a blacksmiths plant here, so may have been converted after this date.
It featured two cranes without any slips or docks, meaning it was likely a conversion.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by