St Lawrence, Shipyard
Types built here:
Customers (Not Exhaustive):
A shipyard could be found to the west of St Lawrence's not too far from the mouth of the Ouseburn. It is shown on a map from 1859 with several small ancillary buildings and potentially a slip. By the 1890s the site was consumed by St Lawrence Saw Mills.
Map of St Peters and St Lawrence around 1859, detailing the site of the shipyards. Courtesy of Tynebuiltships
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by