top of page
full size.png

t026a

Twizell Colliery

Beamish

54.865490, -1.653263

Gate Pit

Opened:

Closed:

1844

1938

Entry Created:

7 Jul 2022

Last Updated:

7 Jul 2022

Redeveloped

Condition:

Owners: 

James Joicey (1850s), James Joicey & Co. Ltd. (1860s), Lambton, Hetton & Joicey Collieries Ltd. (1930s)

Description (or HER record listing)

Ordnance Survey, 1890s

Ordnance Survey, 1890s

Twizell Colliery, 1900s. Unknown Source.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Colliery Row adjacent to Twizell Colliery in the background. Unknown Source.

Colliery Row adjacent to Twizell Colliery in the background. Unknown Source.

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page