top of page
full size.png

N9399C

Stiddlehill Colliery

Bellingham

55.150639, -2.132835

Ridsdale Colliery

Foaly (Folly) Pit

Opened:

Closed:

Unknown

1931

Entry Created:

16 May 2022

Last Updated:

16 May 2022

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

William Mundle (1880s), Edward Armstrong (1890s), Tyne Rede Mines Co. (1920s), Ernest Barker (1920s)

Description (or HER record listing)

A colliery once operated at Stiddlehill, apparently between 1873 and 1920. The remains of a shaft, a blocked drift mine entrance, stone chimney and a short length of railway are still visible, although there is no trace of associated buildings or pit machinery.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page