top of page
full size.png

N7695

Stublick Hill Colliery

Langley nr Hexham

54.941071, -2.228366

Opened:

Closed:

19th c

1947

Entry Created:

17 May 2022

Last Updated:

17 May 2022

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Description (or HER record listing)

This was one of two collieries that stood on the Stublick coalfield in the 19th century, the other being Stublick Colliery. By 1867, Stublick Hill colliery had two main shafts and was in production until 1947. Today the remains of the colliery can be seen in the two large mounds that mark the pit heads and smaller mounds marking short shafts down to the coal seams. There are also wide ditches that were dug to help drain the workings into Stublick Syke.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page