top of page
full size.png

N5961

Crystalwell Colliery

Haltwhistle

54.928052, -2.473189

Crystal Well Drift

Opened:

Closed:

Unknown

1947

Entry Created:

31 Mar 2022

Last Updated:

31 Mar 2022

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Burnhouse Coal Co. (1910s), George Kennedy (1920s), John Ridley (1940s)

Description (or HER record listing)

This disused colliery was closed in 1947. It had been connected by a tramway to Coanwood Colliery

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page