top of page
full size.png

N5960

Lambley Colliery

Coanwood

54.922406, -2.520009

Naworth Colliery

Opened:

Closed:

Unknown

1958

Entry Created:

21 Apr 2022

Last Updated:

21 Apr 2022

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

M. Thompson & Sons (1860s), Coanwood Coal Co. (1920s), Lambley Coal Co. Ltd (1920s), National Coal Board (1947)

Description (or HER record listing)

Lambley Colliery closed in 1958.

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Photo of what is potentially Lambley Colliery, undated. Source: Northern Mine Research Society, Facebook

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page