full size.png

N5959

Featherstone Colliery

Coanwood

54.929101, -2.493048

Opened:

Unknown

Closed:

1943

Reclaimed

Condition:

Last Updated:

11 Apr 2022

Owners: 

Thompson & Sons (1890s), Tallentyre, Armstrong, Walton & Hudspith (1930s), Tallentyre, Armstrong, Todd & Dickinson (1940s)

HER Info (unless otherwise noted)

This disused colliery mine had a maximum of nine pits and was closed sometime between 1934 and 1943.

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0