5 Sept 2021
A. Goodman & Co. (1880s), Hepscott Coal Co. (1900s), J. H. Strong (1910s), James Storey (1920s), Hepscott Coal Co. Ltd. (1920s - 1947), National Coal Board (1947 -)
HER Info (unless otherwise noted)
Barmoor Colliery is depicted and labelled on the Ordnance Survey map of 1898. It is not shown on the 1866 edition. Air photos taken in 1947 show a spoil heap and four buildings. The buildings have now been removed and the ground has been relandscaped.
Ordnance Survey, 1898
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.