top of page
full size.png

N28477

East Holywell Colliery

Seaton Delaval, Northumberland

55.068209, -1.514332

C Pit

Opened:

Closed:

Entry Created:

3 Sept 2021

Last Updated:

13 Jun 2023

Redeveloped

Condition:

Owners: 

Plummer, Taylors, Clark & Lamb (1850s), Hugh Taylor & Co. (1860s), East Holywell Coal Co. Ltd (1880s -)

Description (or HER record listing)

The East Holywell Colliery is depicted and named on the Ordnance Survey map of 1897, but not on the 1865 edition. The 1947 air photos shows a reservoir, shaft, spoil heap, wagonway, a bridge and buildings are visible on the site. The site of this colliery has now been re-developed.

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page