top of page
full size.png

N24704

Ulgham Grange Colliery

Widdrington

55.228103, -1.606573

Opened:

Closed:

1871

1888

Entry Created:

19 May 2022

Last Updated:

19 May 2022

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Wood & Slinn (1880s)

Description (or HER record listing)

Ulgham Grange Colliery was operated by Wood and Slin and operated between 1871 and 1888. The colliery is shown on the second edition Ordnance Survey map of 1890 and on the third edition of 1920 it is marked as disused.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page