top of page
full size.png

N22908B

Wylam Colliery

Wylam

54.974396, -1.824837

Peggy Pit

Opened:

Closed:

18th c

Unknown

Entry Created:

19 May 2022

Last Updated:

19 May 2022

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Christopher Blackett (1820s), John Blackett (1840s), Wylam Coal Co. (1880s)

Description (or HER record listing)

Wylam Colliery is marked on the first edition Ordnance Survey map of about 1860.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page