full size.png

N21634b

Framlington Colliery

Longframlington

55.318656, -1.801974

Longframlington Colliery

John Pit

Opened:

19th c

Closed:

1931

Reclaimed

Condition:

Last Updated:

12 Apr 2022

Owners: 

Messrs G. & W. Nicholson (1860s), Leach & Weeks (1890s), South Shilbottle Collieries Ltd. (1910s), Long Framlington Coal Co. Ltd. (1910s), Co-Operative Wholesale Society Ltd. (1930s)

HER Info (unless otherwise noted)

Framlington Colliery is marked on early mapping of this area.

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0