top of page
full size.png

N21634a

Framlington Colliery

Longframlington

55.315900, -1.799425

Longframlington Colliery

Fanny Pit

Opened:

Closed:

19th c

1931

Entry Created:

12 Apr 2022

Last Updated:

12 Apr 2022

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Messrs G. & W. Nicholson (1860s), Leach & Weeks (1890s), South Shilbottle Collieries Ltd. (1910s), Long Framlington Coal Co. Ltd. (1910s), Co-Operative Wholesale Society Ltd. (1930s)

Description (or HER record listing)

Framlington Colliery is marked on early mapping of this area.

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Longframlington Colliery in 1905. Source: Bill M, Flickr

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Site of Longframlington Colliery, 2009. Source: David Clark

Site of Longframlington Colliery, 2009. Source: David Clark

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page