full size.png

N18790

Mickleybank Colliery

Prudhoe, Northumberland

54.947794, -1.895229

Opened:

Closed:

Redeveloped

Condition:

Last Updated:

5 Sept 2021

Owners: 

Elizabeth Bewick (1860s), Isabella Bewick (1890s), R.J. Bewick (1940s)

HER Info (unless otherwise noted)

Mickleybank Colliery is shown on the first edition Ordnance Survey map of 1864-5.

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0