full size.png

N13870

Stannington Church Colliery

Stannington

55.108973, -1.675162

Opened:

1915

Closed:

1920s

Reclaimed

Condition:

Last Updated:

16 May 2022

Owners: 

South Stannington Coal Co (1920s)

HER Info (unless otherwise noted)

A colliery opened on the west side of Stannington church some time between 1915 and 1922 and closed in the 1920s.

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0