top of page
full size.png

N11505

West Cramlington Colliery

Cramlington

55.076785, -1.585636

Opened:

Closed:

1838

1938

Entry Created:

22 Aug 2022

Last Updated:

22 Aug 2022

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Waldie & Co. (1850s), Lamb, Maud, Taylor & Co. (1860s). J. C. Lamb & Co. (1880s), Owners of Backworth & West Cramlington Collieries (1890s), Hartley Main Collieries Ltd. (1929 -)

Description (or HER record listing)

This is the site of West Cramlington Colliery. It is shown on the First Edition Ordnance Survey map published in 1865.

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Ordnance Survey, 1898

West Cramlington Colliery, 1880. Source unknown.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

West Cramlington Colliery pit heap, 2022

West Cramlington Colliery pit heap, 2022

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page