full size.png

N10916

Dukeshagg Wood Colliery

Prudhoe

54.939289, -1.832789

Dukes Hagg Wood Colliery

Opened:

18th c

Closed:

Unknown

Reclaimed

Condition:

Last Updated:

1 Apr 2022

Owners: 

HER Info (unless otherwise noted)

This is the site of Dukeshagg Wood Colliery. It was first worked in the 18th century. However, there are now no remains to be seen on the site as deep ploughing has taken place over the area.

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0