top of page
full size.png

mahi01e

Andrewshouse Gill, coal shaft

Marley Hill

54.906883, -1.685970

Opened:

Closed:

Unknown

pre-1857

Entry Created:

26 May 2023

Last Updated:

26 May 2023

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Description (or HER record listing)

NEHL - A coal shaft was situated south of Andrewshouse Gill and was active before 1857. The shaft was covered over or capped before the 1890s, likely for the land to be ploughed or for agricultural use. No trace of the shaft can be seen today.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page