top of page
full size.png

mahi01c

Andrewshouse Gill, coal shaft

Marley Hill

54.907802, -1.688357

Opened:

Closed:

Unknown

pre-1862

Entry Created:

26 May 2023

Last Updated:

26 May 2023

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Description (or HER record listing)

NEHL - Two coal shafts are adjacent north west of Andrewshouse Gill, and were active before 1857. The shafts were still extant through to the 1940s and potentially later. Unfortunately no real context can be sought concerning these shafts.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page