top of page
full size.png

D779G

Beamish Colliery

Beamish

54.880575,-1.658362

Water Pit

Opened:

Closed:

Unknown

Unknown

Entry Created:

18 Oct 2021

Last Updated:

18 Oct 2021

Unknown

Condition:

Owners: 

Sir. J. Eden (1780s - 1830s), John Murton Davidson (1830s - 1850s), James Joicey & Co (1850s - 1924), Lambton, Hetton & Joicey Collieries Ltd. (1924 - 1947), National Coal Board (1947 -)

Description (or HER record listing)

This is the site of a 19th century colliery. A winding engine dating to 1855 can still be seen in its original stone-built building.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page